Are you looking for home remedies for dark circles under eyes? Worry no more. Below you’ll find a complete list of remedies that are usually readily available at your home or local food market. Furthermore, the remedies mentioned will not require you to spend hundreds of dollars in order for you to solve your problem.
Common Causes for Dark Circles Beneath Eyes
Before you start following any home remedies, it is highly advisable that you know first the real causes. More and more people think that the primary cause of dark circles under eyes is staying up late to finish a presentation, long hours on the computer, or watching movies. Well, it is totally wrong. Here are the common causes dark circles:
- Over fatigue
- Insufficient iron intake
- Excessive pigmentation
- Chronic systematic disease
- Inappropriate cosmetic products
- Corneal neovascularization
Now that you know the common causes, continue reading to get information on home remedies treating the problem.
12 Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
1) Water – You need to consume at least 8 glasses of water each day. Your body needs fluids to facilitate proper circulation.
2) Vitamin K – Consume food products rich in vitamin K like Prunes, Kiwi, Bananas, Kale, Spinach, etc.
3) Retin A – Retin A is a form of vitamin A that helps the skin reproduce itself. Adding foods rich in vitamin A like sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers, apples, and broccoli will help the rejuvenation process.
4) Ice Cold Spoon – Freeze a spoon inside your freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes. Put it on your eyes with dark circles for a couple of minutes or until the spoon becomes warm again. This will reduce the puffiness and alleviate the discoloration.
5) Balanced Diet – One of the best home remedies for dark circles under eyes is changing your lifestyle. Have a balanced diet. Start eating plenty of vegetables and fruits especially spinach, cabbage and other green leafy vegetables. If you need to consume daily vitamin supplements to help you get enough nutrients you need, then do it. Just make sure you ask a medical practitioner for proper dosage.
6) Sleep – You have to give yourself eight hours sleep. Proper rest allows the body to under go it’s natural healing process.
7) Lemon Juice – Put lemon juice extract on the dark circles of your eyes two times a day or as needed.
8) Mint Leaves – Gently put crushed mint leaves around the black circles of your eyes to lighten the darkness. If you can’t find mint leaves, you can use a natural mint oil or cream.
9) Almond Oil – You can use also almond oil under your eyes. Almond oil keeps your skin cells healthy, protects your skin from harmful UV rays, and helps your skin look smooth, soft, and wrinkle free.
10) Tumeric & Pineapples – This one requires you to blend a mixture of turmeric powder and pineapple juice to create a gentle paste. Then, apply the mixture gently under your eyes with a Q-tip. The recipe is also very soothing.
11) Raw Cucumber or Potato Slices – One of the most effective home remedies for dark circles under eyes is putting raw cucumber or potato slices on your eyelids. Let it stay for about 15 to 20 minutes on your closed eyes. Rinse your eyes with cold water and pat dry with clean towel. It is highly recommended to let the cucumber or potato slices cool first in the refrigerator prior to using.
12) Lanolin Cream & Lemon Juice – Another amazing home remedies for dark circles under eyes is grating a cucumber. You need to get the juice of the grated cucumber and then refrigerate it. Prepare a mixture of the cucumber juice with lanolin cream and lemon juice. Apply it under your eyes and let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes.
All of these natural remedies work great and may effect each individual slightly different. Therefore, try several of the treatment options to which works best for you.
What are you waiting for? Start preparing your own home remedies for dark circles under eyes today, and discover a younger looking you.