Why choose natural remedies for curing toenail fungus verses traditional medicine? While over the counter prescriptions will work, there are less side effects from natural and herbal methods, plus natural treatment for fighting toenail fungus will not damage a person’s liver. For that reason alone, natural cures are better for a person’s health than taking the oral medications for the toenail fungus.
Here Are 8 Natural Remedies for Toenail Fungus:
1) Tea Tree Oil: A person puts the tea tree oil in a pan of warm water to let their feet soak in the oil. After there feet have soaked for about twenty minutes and been dried off, then they can put the tea tree oil directly on the infected area.
2) Organic Apple cider vinegar: This will help relieve the itch and heal the dead skin. Simply soak your toe in a mixture of vinegar and warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3) Listerine: Listerine helps to kill the bacteria that is in the fungus on the toenail. This is because of all of the different bacteria fighting ingredients in Listerine. For faster relief, mix Listerine with the organic apple cider vinegar to see optimal results.
4) Nail Varnish: The nail varnish helps to kill the infection in the toenail, and coats the nail to seal out moisture.
5) Witch Hazel: Simply put the witch hazel on a cotton ball and apply the cotton ball on the toenail, then rub it in for about 5 minutes. This process will need to be done at least three to four times a week to get the best results.
6) Vitamin D: Usually the vitamin is taken in the form of a supplement pill. The Vitamin D will help the body to absorb the calcium that it needs to cure the toenail fungus. If you can not afford vitamin D, then let your toes sun bath a few times a week in natural sunlight.
7) Antibacterial Soap: You will need to soak the toenail in a mixture of the soap and warm water for about 10 minutes. This process needs to be done about three times a day. This will help get some of the redness out of the skin. Also, consider bathing each day with an antibacterial soap.
8) Airing Out Your Toes: This means letting your toes breathe a little by wearing a pair of sandals or flip flops. A person can also go barefoot when they are at home or as much as possible. This helps to clear out the infection in the toenail.
These are the top eight natural remedies for a toenail fungus that you can perform on your own. If the problem persists or for severe cases, you may have to consider oral anti-fungal drugs with a combination of topical creams, which may include terbinafine (Lamisil) and itraconazole (Sporanox).